Printing in Phocus
Options for Printing
Phocus has some options for controlling print output
directly from the software. Full size images can be printed
as well as Contact Sheets.
The Contact Sheet option has the benefit of a very high
Producing a Contact Sheet
Printing or saving a Contact Sheet as a PDF file is easily
achieved in Phocus.
1. Start by selecting the thumbnails in the thumbnail
browser that need to show on the
contact sheet. There is no need to do so if all
images are to be printed. See Fig. 1
2. Click the Print icon on the tool bar or use the short
cut of Cmd-P. See Fig. 2
3. Expand the Print dialogue by clicking the disclosure
triangle (indicated in yellow in Fig. 3).
if not already done so. Make sure Phocus is
selected in the pull down menu,
indicated in blue, also in Fig. 3
4. The style of the Contact Sheet can be adjusted by
checking or unchecking the
options shown. See Fig. 4
5. Unchecking the Selection Only box will print the whole
regardless of any selection.
Producing a Full Size Print
1. Change the pull down menu to Full Image as shown in
2. The same applies as before, choose Selection Only, or
uncheck to print all images.
Producing a PDF
If printing a hard copy is unnecessary then a PDF can be
produced in either mode (Full Image or Contact Sheet). Simply click
on Save as PDF in the PDF pull down menu, also in the Print
dialogue. See Fig. 6